EVEREST shoulder rests are designed in the USA and manufactured with the finest material and workmanship. Their shoulder rests were designed by a John’s Hopkins’ biomedical engineer to overcome the many shortcomings of existing traditional shoulder rests. Other manufacturers such as KUN, Mach One, Viva la Musica, Bon Musica, and Wolf all have very good designs, but many players still find them uncomfortable to use.
The newly designed EVEREST EF-4 foldable shoulder rest is a direct replacement to our discontinued EC-4 model. The EF-4 model is fit and functionally identical to the popular EC-4 model, offering the same safe and robust folding design with no pinching hazards. The new curved edges of the body accentuate its sleek and streamlined design, while adding overall rigidity to the shoulder rest. The EVEREST EF-4 model offers the same strength, durability, and affordability that EVEREST shoulder rests are known for, along with the added convenience of easy storage in most violin cases.
· Functionally identical to the discontinued EC-4 model. Same length, width, height, and curvature as EC-4 model.
· Curved Edges – Newly designed curved edges show off the new sleek and streamlined body, while adding overall rigidity compared to the EC-4.
· Foldable Grippers – Patented folding design that is safe and robust, with no pinching hazards. Easy storage in most violin cases, and in the EVEREST EZ-Pouch.
· Adjustable – Easily unscrew the grippers and select alternate positions for best fit to the instrument. Designed to fit 4/4 and 3/4 size violins.
· Specially Engineered Fixed Tilt – The 3D computer-modeled design of the EF-4 shoulder rest raises the violin to an ergonomically correct and comfortable playing angle. Teachers, students, and professionals alike have all praised the innovative and distinctive design. Teachers love the way it trains correct playing position, while students and professionals love the comfort, durability, and style.
· Simple and Virtually Unbreakable – The one-piece body integrated with adjustable leg height means that there are no angle brackets or swivel mechanisms to break, and no thumb knobs to misplace. The EF-4 shoulder rest is made of a strong, high grade ABS material which provides both strength and flexibility, unlike the inexpensive polypropylene plastic that cheaper shoulder rest manufacturers use.
· Reliable Grippers and Foam – Identical and interchangeable parts for both the left and right grippers means that there is no need to be confused as to which leg attaches to which side of the body. The grippers are made of a soft, non-skid, wear-resistant rubber, with additional height adjustment built right into the body of the shoulder rest. The foam is made from high quality, extra-thick and extra-soft neoprene for long-lasting comfort and excellent support.
· Functionality and Style – The distinctive 3D computer-modeled design of the EF-4 shoulder rest maximizes comfort without sacrificing style and elegance. Traditional areas of high stress are reinforced for long-term durability. EVEREST shoulder rests are built to last.
· Affordable – This shoulder rest is designed to help meet the growing needs of school-based violin programs. With limited funding available to these programs, students and school districts simply cannot afford the expensive prices other shoulder rest manufacturers charge for similar features in a shoulder rest.