This popular variation on the standard S.E. Shires Model A trumpet features a special, slightly squarer bell bend with a side seam and French bead. These characteristics give its sound added complexity, cushion the blow slightly, and enhance its projection and power. The W05 leadpipe, incrementally more efficient that the WH but just as open and flexible, allows the player to produce the most delicate passages with ease despite the bold bell treatment. The Model AF has a versatile sound that ranges from warm glow to clarion edge, while permitting a spectrum of subtleties in between. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack at all dynamics. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings and styles.
- Bore: .459 inch
- AF Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “A” (centered) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bell bend
- W05 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass—efficient, flexible, open and free blowing, with easy, immediate response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
Please call us for more details and availability of other models.