The S.E. Shires Model CVP Bb Trumpet (C Vintage Paris) represents our closest approximation yet of the prewar
classic that inspired it. Its sound is incredibly versatile—it excels in jazz and commercial playing as well
as classical—and it is very easy to play. A unique version of the broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper in a
slightly narrower diameter helps it to produce a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the
instrument, with a beautiful, dense core. This special bell, combined with a U5 leadpipe and braced C tuning
slide make the instrument’s harmonics feel particularly close and fluid. Narrow bracing contributes to the
instrument’s superlative response, cleanness, and ease of attack.
• Key: Bb
• Bore: .459 inch
• CVP bell: 4 ¾-inch, one-piece, hand-hammered “C” (open) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally
brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bell bend
• U5 leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; efficient, open, and flexible
• C tuning slide (with brace): semi-round, dual-radius bend with standard water key; flexible; responsive and
malleable at low volumes, powerful and bold at high volumes.
• Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
• Valve cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
• Lower valve caps: lightweight yellow brass
• Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
• 3rd-valve slide water key
• Finish: silver plate
• Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Please call us for more details and availability of other models.