The S.E. Shires Vintage New York trombone is an ideal instrument for any professional musician or advanced student. Inspired by the classic New York and Mt. Vernon bells, this one-piece bell is constructed with the broader TII taper and features a large, rich, warm sound. The yellow-brass bell provides a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, keeps a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics. The yellow brass, .547bore, tenor handslide with bass crook provides a broad sound and open feel. The S.E. Shires axial-flow valve offers smooth, accurate operation, combined with a broad sound and truly open low register. This instrument combines the best elements of classic New York and Mt. Vernon trombone design with the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. trombone design with the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. Shires trombones the favorites of professionals the world over.
- TII 5YVNY Bell: 8.5 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “TII” taper in yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- S.E. Shires axial-flow F valve
- TX Tuning Slide: “X” taper, yellow brass, drawn tubing
- TB47 Handslide: .547-inch bore, standard weight yellow brass; nickel-silver bass crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
Please call us for more details and availability of other models.